Atonement Audiobook Summary
Ian McEwan has received prestigious awards and international praise for his novels, including Enduring Love. In Atonement, three children lose their innocence–as the sweltering summer heat bears down on the hottest day in 1935–and their lives are changed forever. Cecilia Tallis is of England’s priviledged class; Robbie Turner is the housekeeper’s son. In their moment of intimate surrender, they are interrupted by Cecilia’s hyperimaginative and scheming 13-year-old sister, Briony. And as chaos consumes the family, Briony commits a crime, the guilt of which she shall carry throughout her life.
Other top audiobooks
Atonement Audiobook Narrator
Ian McEwan is the narrator of Atonement audiobook that was written by Ian McEwan
About the Author(s) of Atonement
Ian McEwan is the author of Atonement
Atonement Full Details
|Length||14 hours 16 minutes|
|Publisher||Recorded Books, Inc.|
|Release date||August 15, 2003|
Audible has a vast catalog of audiobooks including Atonement by Ian McEwan and narrated by Ian McEwan. Audible is an online audio book service owned by Amazon and offers books, podcasts, and other audio entertainment. It allows users to listen to their favorite books, magazines, and other audio content on their mobile devices or computers.
Why should you get Atonement from Speechify?
Speechify offers the best user experience for audiobooks with features like immersive reading, where you can read and listen at the same time, a sleep timer, and unlimited listening to our Classics. You can also access the Speechify Text to Speech Reader, which turns content that you already have into audio – like websites, emails, and your work.
The publisher of the Atonement is Recorded Books, Inc.. The imprint is Recorded Books, Inc.. It is supplied by Recorded Books, Inc.. The ISBN-13 is 9781436101134.
This book is only available in the United States.
Most Popular Audiobooks
- 29 Best historical crime books
- 29 Best books for 17 year olds
- 29 Best books for 16 year olds
- 29 Best books for 15 year olds
- 29 Best books for 14 year olds
- 29 Best historical fiction books
- 29 Best books for 13 year olds
- 29 Best books for 12 year olds
- 29 Best books for 29 year olds
- 29 Best books to read in your 20s
- 29 Best Books on high school romance
- 29 Best books for 9 year olds
- 29 Best books for 8 year olds
- 29 Best American Novels
- 29 Best books for 7 year olds
- 29 Best books to read during pregnancy
- 29 Best books to read after fifty shades of grey
- 29 Best indian books to read
- 29 Best books to read in your 40s
- 29 Best books to read in spanish
- 29 Best books for computer science majors
- 29 Best books for actors
- 29 Best books for 6 year olds
- 29 Best books for 1 year olds
- 29 Best books for 21 year olds
- 29 Best books for 20 year olds
- 29 Best books for 5 year olds
- 29 Best books for 4 year olds
- 29 Best books for 3 year olds
- 29 Best books for 2 year olds
Frequently asked questions
Listening to audiobooks not only easy, it is also very convenient. You can listen to audiobooks on almost every device. From your laptop to your smart phone or even a smart speaker like Apple HomePod or even Alexa. Here’s how you can get started listening to audiobooks.
- 1. Download your favorite audiobook app such as Speechify.
- 2. Sign up for an account.
- 3. Browse the library for the best audiobooks and select the first one for free
- 4. Download the audiobook file to your device
- 5. Open the Speechify audiobook app and select the audiobook you want to listen to.
- 6. Adjust the playback speed and other settings to your preference.
- 7. Press play and enjoy!
While you can listen to the bestsellers on almost any device, and preferences may vary, generally smart phones are offer the most convenience factor. You could be working out, grocery shopping, or even watching your dog in the dog park on a Saturday morning.
However, most audiobook apps work across multiple devices so you can pick up that riveting new Stephen King book you started at the dog park, back on your laptop when you get back home.
Speechify is one of the best apps for audiobooks. The pricing structure is the most competitive in the market and the app is easy to use. It features the best sellers and award winning authors. Listen to your favorite books or discover new ones and listen to real voice actors read to you. Getting started is easy, the first book is free.
Research showcasing the brain health benefits of reading on a regular basis is wide-ranging and undeniable. However, research comparing the benefits of reading vs listening is much more sparse. According to professor of psychology and author Dr. Kristen Willeumier, though, there is good reason to believe that the reading experience provided by audiobooks offers many of the same brain benefits as reading a physical book.
Audiobooks are recordings of books that are read aloud by a professional voice actor. The recordings are typically available for purchase and download in digital formats such as MP3, WMA, or AAC. They can also be streamed from online services like Speechify, Audible, AppleBooks, or Spotify.
You simply download the app onto your smart phone, create your account, and in Speechify, you can choose your first book, from our vast library of best-sellers and classics, to read for free.
Audiobooks, like real books can add up over time. Here’s where you can listen to audiobooks for free. Speechify let’s you read your first best seller for free. Apart from that, we have a vast selection of free audiobooks that you can enjoy. Get the same rich experience no matter if the book was free or not.
It depends. Yes, there are free audiobooks and paid audiobooks. Speechify offers a blend of both!
It varies. The easiest way depends on a few things. The app and service you use, which device, and platform. Speechify is the easiest way to listen to audiobooks. Downloading the app is quick. It is not a large app and does not eat up space on your iPhone or Android device.
Listening to audiobooks on your smart phone, with Speechify, is the easiest way to listen to audiobooks.