What the Dog Saw Audiobook Summary
The bestselling author of The Bomber Mafia focuses on “minor geniuses” and idiosyncratic behavior to illuminate the ways all of us organize experience in this “delightful” (Bloomberg News) collection of writings from The New Yorker.
What is the difference between choking and panicking? Why are there dozens of varieties of mustard-but only one variety of ketchup? What do football players teach us about how to hire teachers? What does hair dye tell us about the history of the 20th century?
In the past decade, Malcolm Gladwell has written three books that have radically changed how we understand our world and ourselves: The Tipping Point; Blink; and Outliers. Now, in What the Dog Saw, he brings together, for the first time, the best of his writing from TheNew Yorker over the same period.
Here is the bittersweet tale of the inventor of the birth control pill, and the dazzling inventions of the pasta sauce pioneer Howard Moscowitz. Gladwell sits with Ron Popeil, the king of the American kitchen, as he sells rotisserie ovens, and divines the secrets of Cesar Millan, the “dog whisperer” who can calm savage animals with the touch of his hand. He explores intelligence tests and ethnic profiling and “hindsight bias” and why it was that everyone in Silicon Valley once tripped over themselves to hire the same college graduate.
“Good writing,” Gladwell says in his preface, “does not succeed or fail on the strength of its ability to persuade. It succeeds or fails on the strength of its ability to engage you, to make you think, to give you a glimpse into someone else’s head.” What the Dog Saw is yet another example of the buoyant spirit and unflagging curiosity that have made Malcolm Gladwell our most brilliant investigator of the hidden extraordinary.
Other Top Audiobooks
What the Dog Saw Audiobook Narrator
Malcolm Gladwell is the narrator of What the Dog Saw audiobook that was written by Malcolm Gladwell
About the Author(s) of What the Dog Saw
Malcolm Gladwell is the author of What the Dog Saw
More from the same
- Author : Malcolm Gladwell
- Talking to Strangers
- David and Goliath
- The Tipping Point
- Publisher : Hachette Audio
- We're Speaking
- She Walks in Beauty
- 365 Thank Yous
- Witches of East End
What the Dog Saw Full Details
|Length||12 hours 46 minutes|
|Release date||October 20, 2009|
The publisher of the What the Dog Saw is Hachette Audio. includes the following subjects: The BISAC Subject Code is Essays, Social Science
The publisher of the What the Dog Saw is Hachette Audio. The imprint is Little, Brown & Company. It is supplied by Hachette Audio. The ISBN-13 is 9781600249167.
This book is only available in the United States.
Most Popular Audiobooks
- How many Game of Thrones books are there?
- Where to buy cheap books: A comprehensive guide
- How many Jack Reacher books are there?
- How many FNAF books are there?
- How many Warrior Cats books are there?
- How many Wheel of Time books are there?
- The best Vampire Survivors powerups in order
- How to read the Robert Galbraith books in order
- How to read the Artemis Fowl books in order
- How to read Craig Johnson’s books in order
- How to read Cassandra Clare’s books in order
- How to read Lee Child’s books in order
- How to read the In Death book series in order
- Best book quotes
- A tale of two cities reviewed
- All the President’s Men reviewed
- Tintin reviewed
- What are adult coloring books?
- How to read the Percy Jackson books in order
- How to find charities for the blind
- What is the best Bible app
- Where to find free audio Bible downloads
- What is the best free Bible app
- The ultimate guide to the YouVersion Bible app
- Top five Holy Bible apps
- Alternatives to the YouVersion Bible app
- How many books are in the Bible
- How to read James Patterson books in order
- How to read C.J. Box books in order
- How to read and watch Twilight in order
Frequently asked questions
Listening to audiobooks not only easy, it is also very convenient. You can listen to audiobooks on almost every device. From your laptop to your smart phone or even a smart speaker like Apple HomePod or even Alexa. Here’s how you can get started listening to audiobooks.
- 1. Download your favorite audiobook app such as Speechify.
- 2. Sign up for an account.
- 3. Browse the library for the best audiobooks and select the first one for free
- 4. Download the audiobook file to your device
- 5. Open the Speechify audiobook app and select the audiobook you want to listen to.
- 6. Adjust the playback speed and other settings to your preference.
- 7. Press play and enjoy!
While you can listen to the bestsellers on almost any device, and preferences may vary, generally smart phones are offer the most convenience factor. You could be working out, grocery shopping, or even watching your dog in the dog park on a Saturday morning.
However, most audiobook apps work across multiple devices so you can pick up that riveting new Stephen King book you started at the dog park, back on your laptop when you get back home.
Speechify is one of the best apps for audiobooks. The pricing structure is the most competitive in the market and the app is easy to use. It features the best sellers and award winning authors. Listen to your favorite books or discover new ones and listen to real voice actors read to you. Getting started is easy, the first book is free.
Research showcasing the brain health benefits of reading on a regular basis is wide-ranging and undeniable. However, research comparing the benefits of reading vs listening is much more sparse. According to professor of psychology and author Dr. Kristen Willeumier, though, there is good reason to believe that the reading experience provided by audiobooks offers many of the same brain benefits as reading a physical book.
Audiobooks are recordings of books that are read aloud by a professional voice actor. The recordings are typically available for purchase and download in digital formats such as MP3, WMA, or AAC. They can also be streamed from online services like Speechify, Audible, AppleBooks, or Spotify.
You simply download the app onto your smart phone, create your account, and in Speechify, you can choose your first book, from our vast library of best-sellers and classics, to read for free.
Audiobooks, like real books can add up over time. Here’s where you can listen to audiobooks for free. Speechify let’s you read your first best seller for free. Apart from that, we have a vast selection of free audiobooks that you can enjoy. Get the same rich experience no matter if the book was free or not.
It depends. Yes, there are free audiobooks and paid audiobooks. Speechify offers a blend of both!
It varies. The easiest way depends on a few things. The app and service you use, which device, and platform. Speechify is the easiest way to listen to audiobooks. Downloading the app is quick. It is not a large app and does not eat up space on your iPhone or Android device.
Listening to audiobooks on your smart phone, with Speechify, is the easiest way to listen to audiobooks.