Novelfull is a platform that contains various Japanese novels and written works. Let's explore if it's right for you.
NovelFull.com audiobooks & text to speech
Although comic books have enjoyed a revival since Marvel started making blockbuster movies and TV shows based on beloved graphic novel characters, U.S. comic books aren’t unique.
Graphic novels are part of a rich literary subculture in Japan, China, and other Asian countries. Many refer to comic books and graphic novels of Asian origin as manga. But many more works combine illustrations and storytelling.
In many ways, manga, light novels, romance novels, and other fictional works are more popular than the average superhero comic book. English speakers can access many of these works at Novelfull.com.
The only downside with manga and light novels is the language barrier and potential reading disabilities like dyslexia, but that’s where Speechify comes in with a solution.
What is NovelFull?
Novelfull is a free-to-use platform that contains various light novels, Japanese novels, manga, web novels, and other similar works. It’s an excellent solution for people who adore Asian graphic novels and stories but aren’t familiar with foreign languages.
You can read works like Hidden Marriage, Martial God Asura, Evil Emperor’s Wild Consort, Super Gene, Immortal Mortal, Monster Paradise, and many other popular graphic novels.
Some works on Novelfull are in English, and everything is available online. So there’s no need to download large eBook files or PDFs, although that’s possible if you want to do some offline reading.
What makes Novelfull a good platform?
Apart from bringing modern Asian literature and graphic novels to the mainstream and enabling English readers to read their favorite content, Novelfull offers additional benefits as a platform:
- Huge collection – Saying that Novelfull has an extensive library is an understatement. The platform has millions of best-selling novels, popular eBooks, and hundreds, if not thousands, of graphic novels already translated into English. In addition, the platform uploads new entries and translations almost daily from Japanese, Korean, and Chinese artists.
- Readable in your browser – You can go to Novelfull.live using Chrome, Brave, Edge, or any other browser. It’s extremely helpful when using the proper extensions and add-ons in your browser.
- Removable non-intrusive ads – Like any free platform, you can expect some ads to appear on Novelfull. The good news is that they don’t interfere with the text, and you can remove them with an affordable yearly fee on your iPhone or Android mobile phone.
- Category variety – Novelfull treats users to many categories like action, adult, horror, comedy, fantasy, martial arts, supernatural, Sci-Fi, drama, seinen, sports, etc. It has 39 genre categories, which can satisfy a massive and diverse audience.
- Book ratings – The platform has some of the most popular Asian works in simple text format and graphic novels. In addition, you can also rate any eBooks after reading them without having an account on the platform. It’s a feature not many digital eBook libraries offer.
- No sign-up process – Because it’s free, users don’t have to register an account to use Novelfull in their browsers. The app versions of the platform function like any other mobile app.
Using a TTS Reader with Novelfull
Novelfull sounds great, but what does it have to do with TTS readers? A TTS reader uses text to speech technology to turn text into audio narrations. So you can turn an eBook into an audiobook without hiring voice actors.
It’s a great pairing because Novelfull doesn’t have audiobooks like Kindle, Audible, or Amazon in its collection. The mobile app and browser versions also lack a built-in read-aloud feature. Some people may have reading difficulties, and a TTS tool can help them enjoy their favorite Japanese content.
But many works featured on Novelfull combine text with plenty of illustrations. That’s where some TTS readers stop being effective.
Wouldn’t it be great to have a human voice narrate a manga best seller at your desired reading speed? Speechify can turn a Novelfull light novel into a full audiobook read by a high-quality computer-generated voice.
Speechify and Novelfull – The perfect pair
Speechify is a full-service text to speech app reader that converts written words into spoken words from various mediums, including web page content.
Here’s what makes Speechify and Novelfull the perfect pair:
- Turns any text into an audiobook – Speechify can convert any digital text into an audiobook in real time. It can help you follow along on-screen or download your favorite Novelfull graphic novels and manga in an audio file format of your choice. Like Novelfull, Speechify is equally adept at keeping you entertained with or without a Wi-Fi connection.
- Available on the App store, Google Play, and Chrome – Speechify offers support for multiple operating systems, mobile devices, and desktop computers. Each version of the app enables copy-pasting text and importing URLs and digital files. Moreover, you can use the Chrome extension to turn on the Speechify reader on the Novelfull website. Run it in the background, listen to your stories, and carry on with other activities and tasks.
- Can scan images to pull out text – This is arguably the main benefit of using Speechify and Novelfull together. Much of the content on Novelfull features illustrated manga. Light novels have fewer images, but other works are 90% pictures with embedded text. Speechify uses OCR (optical character recognition) technology to identify text in images. It then speaks the written words as if they were independent of the picture. Many other TTS readers are ineffective at reading manga and similar Asian graphic novels because they lack this technology.
If you need more convincing, try Speechify for free. The free version alone grants access to at least ten high-quality natural-sounding TTS voices, playback speed control, and unlimited conversions. When you’re ready to upgrade, the premium membership unlocks the full potential of Speechify with more features, extra voices, and more personalization options.
Is there an app that you can scan a book and it will read it to you?
Speechify is a TTS reader with OCR technology. It can read text from images and scanned documents of hard copy books in multiple languages, regardless of the print length.
What is the difference between a novel and a short story?
Short stories are works of fiction that rarely exceed 10,000 words. On the other hand, novels often have at least 50,000 words, with some even exceeding 100,000 words. Additionally, the narrative moves much faster in short stories, whereas novels have room for more character and plot development.