Whenever a friend asks you for a book, you can always lend it to them, or vice versa. But what about audiobooks? If you’re listening to audiobooks on Audible, you might be wondering if there’s a way to share your audiobooks with friends and family. The good news is that there are several ways to share Audible books, which is exactly what we discuss in this article.
Use Family Library Sharing
One of the easiest ways to share Audible audiobooks is with Family Library Sharing. Amazon Audible lets you share content with the Amazon Household sharing feature.
Amazon Household is a type of Amazon family account used for sharing Amazon Prime benefits, including Audible audiobooks. This is how you can share books from Audible with members of your Amazon household:
- Log into your Amazon account.
- Head to “Content” and choose “Manage Your Content and Devices.”
- Open “Households and Family Library.”
- Go to “Show Family Library.”
- Continue to “Audiobooks” and find the Audible audiobook you want to share.
- Click on the “Add to Library” button.
- Choose the Amazon Household account you want to share your audiobook with.
- Choose the “Share” option.
Remember that you can’t share audiobooks from the Audible Plus Catalog. If you want to make an Amazon Household family account, there can only be two adult accounts and up to four children accounts. If you want to add someone to your Amazon Household, you have the option to add adult accounts and accounts for children.
The Send This Book feature
There’s a built-in sharing feature on Audible.com that lets you share Audible content with other Audible accounts. This is how you can use it to share Audible files with your friends:
- Open Audible on your device.
- Proceed to “My Library” and then the “My Books” category.
- Find the audiobook you want to share and tap on the three dots on the right side.
- Tap on the “Send This Book” feature.
Choose how you want to send it – via message, email, or WhatsApp.
Keep in mind that the share book option still requires the friend or family member to pay for the audiobook.
Give the book as a gift
Another way to share Audible books with someone is by giving them as gifts. However, this method requires you to buy the audiobook for them. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Visit the Audible website and log into your account.
- Go to the “Browse” tab and proceed to “Audiobooks.”
- Find the audiobook from your Audible library.
- Click on the title and find the “Give as a gift” option on the landing page.
- Enter the person’s name and email address.
- Send the audiobook to them.
Audible will then ask you to buy the book for that person. The great thing about this method is that you can buy books as gifts for people who don’t have Audible accounts. You can even add a note and choose the date the recipient will get the book.
Use an Audible to mp3 converter
Another way your friends can access free audiobooks on Audible is by converting the audiobooks into mp3 files. For this method, you’ll need a good audiobook converter that will be able to convert DRM-encoded files into mp3 files. For the purposes of this article, we’ll be using ViWizard.
You can install this Audible converter on your Windows and Mac computer. Once you download it on your device, this is what you have to do:
- Launch the ViWizard app on your device.
- Click on the “Add Files” button.
- Choose the Audible AA/AAX file you would like to convert.
- Go to the “Format tab” option and select the “MP3” output format.
- Click on the “Convert” button.
If you want to convert audiobooks into different formats, this app also lets you convert audiobooks into M4A, AAC, OGG, and FLAC file formats.
Note that getting free Audible books using this method isn’t approved by Audible.
Speechify – Experience books in new ways
As one of the most popular audio tools in the world, Speechify lets you listen to audiobooks in new ways. Speechify offers thousands of public and free-domain books, making it a great alternative to Audible. You don’t even need a subscription to listen to audiobooks with Speechify.
You can install Speechify as a desktop app on your Mac or use it as a browser extension on Google Chrome. If you want to use it on your phone, it’s available on Android devices and iPhones, iPads, and other iOS devices.
Better still, you can try Speechify for free today.
Can I share an audiobook I purchased?
You can share an audiobook you purchased using your Audible account with the Family Library sharing feature.
Why can’t I share a book on Audible?
You can only share a book on Audible with members of your Amazon Household.
Can two people share Audible?
Technically speaking, two people can use the same Audible account if they both know the password.
Can I transfer an Audible book to someone else?
If you want to transfer an Audible audiobook to someone who also has an Audible account, you can make them a member of your Amazon Household.
Can I share an Audible book with my partner?
Yes, you can use the Family Sharing feature to share an Audible audiobook with your partner.
Why can’t I transfer an Audible book?
Check to see if you have purchased the audiobook before trying to transfer it to another Audible member.
What does “shared” mean in the Audible app?
If you want to share a book from your Audible library, you would basically be forwarding the audiobook to someone.
Can I share an Audible book with someone who isn’t an Audible member?
The only way to share an Audible book with a non-Audible member is to purchase the audiobooks as gifts.