Find out how to enable text to speech on Safari and improve your overall browser reading experience.
Enhance Your Reading Experience with the Speechify Safari Extension
In today’s digital age, the way we consume information is constantly evolving. Whether you’re a student, a professional, or someone with learning disabilities like dyslexia, having access to tools that make reading easier and more accessible is invaluable. One such tool that has gained prominence is Speechify, a versatile text-to-speech app that offers an exceptional reading experience. While Speechify is available on various platforms, this article will focus on how you can harness its power with Safari, Apple’s web browser, to streamline your reading, improve comprehension, and enhance your overall productivity.
Before delving into how to use Speechify with Safari, let’s understand why Speechify has become a preferred choice for individuals with dyslexia, ADHD, and other learning disabilities, as well as anyone looking to multitask and optimize their reading experience.
- High-Quality Text-to-Speech: Speechify’s standout feature is its high-quality text-to-speech (TTS) conversion. It offers natural-sounding voices that make it feel like you’re listening to a real person reading to you. This functionality significantly improves comprehension, especially for those with reading difficulties. With access to the full Speechify library of diverse speech voices, users can choose audio that best assists them.
- Versatile Formats: Speechify supports a wide range of formats, from web pages and documents to audiobooks. This versatility means you can use it across various platforms and for different types of content.
- Multitasking Abilities: Speechify’s ability to read aloud while you perform other tasks is a game-changer. Whether you’re cooking, commuting, or working on other assignments, Speechify enables you to maximize your productivity by turning reading into a multitasking opportunity.
- Dyslexia-Friendly: The dyslexia-friendly features of Speechify, such as adjusting reading speed and using natural-sounding voices, make it an essential tool for individuals with learning disabilities.
Using Speechify Text to Speech with Safari
Now, let’s dive into how you can integrate Speechify with Safari to revolutionize your reading experience.
- Installation: To get started, make sure you have the Speechify app installed on your iOS device (iPhone or iPad) from the App Store. Once installed, open Safari.
- Enabling the Safari Extension: In Safari, tap the “Share” icon (represented by a square with an arrow pointing up) located at the bottom of the screen (iPhone) or the top of the screen (iPad). Scroll to the right on the bottom row of icons and tap “More.” Here, you’ll find Speechify; toggle it on to enable the extension.
- Using Speechify: With the Speechify extension enabled, you can now use it to read text from web pages in Safari. Whenever you come across an article or content you’d like to listen to instead of reading, tap the “Share” icon, and select “Speechify” from the available options. Speechify will immediately start reading the content aloud in its high-quality, natural-sounding voices.
- Adjusting Settings: Speechify offers various settings to customize your reading experience. You can adjust the reading speed, choose different voices, and even switch to dark mode for a more comfortable reading experience at night.
- Bookmarking: Suppose you want to continue listening to an article later. In that case, you can easily bookmark it within the Speechify app, ensuring you can pick up where you left off at any time.
- Multitasking: One of Speechify’s strengths is its ability to multitask. While it reads content to you, you can switch between apps, check emails, or perform any other task on your device, making it incredibly versatile.
To provide a comprehensive guide to using Speechify with Safari, here are answers to some frequently asked questions:
Can I use Speechify with Safari on my Mac?
Unfortunately, Speechify’s Safari extension is currently only available for iOS devices. However, you can use Speechify on your Mac as a standalone application.
Are there any additional costs associated with using the Speechify extension with Safari?
The Speechify extension for Safari is part of the standard Speechify app and doesn’t require any additional purchases or subscriptions.
Can I use Speechify with Safari’s Reading List feature?
While Speechify primarily functions through the “Share” menu in Safari, you can add web pages to your Reading List and then access them through the Speechify app for reading.
Is Speechify compatible with iOS 15?
Yes, Speechify is compatible with iOS 15, ensuring you can enjoy its functionality on the latest Apple devices.
Speechify has undoubtedly revolutionized the way we approach reading, making it more accessible and efficient for everyone, including those with learning disabilities like dyslexia and ADHD. By seamlessly integrating Speechify with Safari on your iOS device, you can access high-quality text-to-speech conversion, adjust settings to your preferences, and multitask while listening to content. This powerful combination of Speechify and Safari offers a versatile and dyslexia-friendly solution for improving your reading experience and boosting your productivity, whether you’re a student, a professional, or someone simply looking to enhance their reading habits by pairing docs with audio.
Speechify is an incredibly versatile text-to-speech tool that extends its functionality not only to Safari but also to various other platforms. While the integration with Safari on iOS devices provides a seamless reading experience, Speechify’s capabilities expand across multiple browsers like Chrome and Microsoft Edge, catering to Android users as well. Additionally, it offers a Mac app for macOS users, ensuring accessibility across different devices and operating systems. Whether you’re using Safari on your iPhone using the iOS app, enjoying the convenience of the Chrome extension, or exploring Speechify on your Mac, you can easily access its high-quality AI voices, adjust settings, and even use it for voiceovers, making it a valuable tool for enhancing your reading and multitasking abilities. Cliff Weitzman, the brain behind Speechify, has developed a powerful solution that is compatible with a range of applications, from grammar checkers like Grammarly to voice assistants like Siri, offering an all-encompassing experience for users across various platforms.