Learn how to maximize Hotmail for better productivity. Hotmail is a leading email provider and when used to its fullest, can help streamline your workload.
If you are looking for a way to stay as productive as possible, you might have thought about using Hotmail. While you might be familiar with the email service from Microsoft outlook.com, lots of people prefer to go with an email account from Hotmail.com instead. Even if you are thinking about making the switch from Gmail or MSN (or live.com) to a Hotmail account, you must make sure that you place yourself in the best position possible to get the most out of this service.
Regardless of whether you are making the switch from Microsoft Windows Live or some other new email service, there are a few tips that you need to follow if you want to get the most out of your Hotmail email address.
Customize your Hotmail inbox for better productivity
First, regardless of whether you are using Android, iOS, macOS, Windows, or some other platform, you need to make sure that you customize your email inbox to help you maximize your productivity. Some of the tips that you need to follow include:
- Keep your inbox clear of all clutter. If you have used Onedrive or an outlook.com account, you understand the danger that clutter can pose to your inbox. It can make it nearly impossible for you to find what is important, so make sure that you delete items that you no longer need.
- Furthermore, you need to customize your inbox by protecting your storage space. If you allow your account to get too full, you might not be able to receive new emails. This can make it hard for you to stay on track.
- You can also customize your inbox by using colors and flags. This will make it easier for you to see what is what.
- You might want to update your contact information with your phone number or your Skype username. You might want to use a pseudonym, such as Jack Smith, under some circumstances.
- There are notification adjustments that you can use to control when you get notified. Make sure that you get notified about things that are important but do not get bothered by things that are not nearly as important.
- You should keep your version of Hotmail updated. There are software updates from time to time, and you need to use the most recent version if you want to maximize your productivity.
If you keep these customizations in mind, you can put yourself in the best position possible to get the most out of Hotmail. It has been one of the most popular email platforms for a long time, and you can use it to help you stay in touch with both colleagues and loved ones.
How to use Hotmail’s built-in features to improve your workflow
This webmail service also has some built-in features that can help you improve your workflow. As an email client, you might want to start with a free account, but then you might want to upgrade if you feel like you need access to more features. Some of the built-in features you might want to explore on the drop-down menu include:
- Pay attention to new features that roll out from time to time. There are a lot of providers out there, and new features are released regularly for mobile phones and desktop computers that use Hotmail. Pay attention to the new features, and use them to help you improve your experience.
- Take advantage of junk email filters. There are lots of people who receive junk mail that can clutter the inbox. Find where the junk mail is coming from, and use filters to help you keep it out of your inbox.
- You might want to take advantage of the email delivery schedule feature from Hotmail as well. This will help you control when certain emails come in. That way, you are not getting notified in the middle of the night unless it is very important.
- You should use folders to help you stay organized. You might want to start by having one folder for school or work and another folder for personal emails. This will make it easier for you to figure out what is what.
- Make sure that you create backups from time to time. You never know when someone might try to hack your MSN Hotmail account, and you do not want your information to get lost or compromised. Make sure that you back up your information.
Regardless of whether you are using this email on Firefox, Internet Explorer, or some other ISP, you need to keep these built-in features in mind. Hotmail has a lot of features that Yahoo might not have, and you can use Windows Live Hotmail to the best of its capabilities if you use these tips to help you.
How to manage your email more efficiently with Hotmail
Regardless of whether you are using Microsoft products (such as Microsoft Office) or making the switch from an Outlook email, you must make sure that you use Hotmail as efficiently as possible. Some of the key tips to keep in mind include:
- It is impossible to talk about using this email provider efficiently without mentioning cybersecurity. There is a lot of important information in your email account, and you do not want someone to hack into it. While MSN.com has had cyber issues from time to time, many issues related to email accounts, such as Windows Live Mail, are caused by the user. Make sure that you educate yourself on phishing attacks and what they look like. Do not ever surrender your login credentials over text message or email.
- If you use www.hotmail.com, there are a lot of automatic features that you might want to use as well. For example, you might want to make it so that certain emails are deleted before they ever arrive in your account. Or, you might want o make sure that emails for promotions only arrive in certain folders at certain times of day. This will help you keep track of your emails.
- Do not forget to use folders to help you stay organized as well. As you get more used to the program, you might want to create a different folder for subscription services, group chats, work life, school life, family members, and even promotions. This will make it easier for you to find what you are looking for.
- If there are software updates, make sure that you stay on top of them. They are rolled out for a reason, and they could give you access to new features that you might not have otherwise noticed. Or, they could be important security updates that you want to have on your program.
- You might want to integrate your email account with your calendar. This will make it easier for you to stay on top of your daily schedule. You can set up notifications to be sent out at certain times to make sure that you do not miss anything important. Do not forget to make sure that your calendar is synced with other devices as well. That way, you always have an updated calendar, which is particularly important if you are working from home.
These are just a few of the most important tips you need to follow if you want to manage Hotmail effectively. While it is a popular program, you need to make sure that you get the most out of it.
Tips and tricks for using Hotmail on the go
If you want to use Hotmail on the go, there are a few other tips you should follow. They include:
- The app: Make sure you have the right app for your system. There are apps available for all major devices, and you need to ensure that your app is updated if you want to take advantage of all of the features.
- The notifications: You might want to go into the program to see what types of notifications you get. You might not want to get notified about anything, and there are some situations where you might want to have a banner notification but not a ding.
- The font size: Make sure that you can read the text on the screen. Too often, people leave the text at the default size. When this is combined with a dim screen, it can really stress the eyes. Ensure you can see the font and read the emails clearly.
There is another way to make sure that you get the most out of the program.
Use Speechify to read your Hotmail emails to you
It can be incredibly dangerous to read emails while driving, and you might have a lot of emails to get through while on the go. One of the ways to make the process easier is to get your emails read to you. You can do so if you use Speechify.
Speechify is a program that will take text of all types, including emails, and convert it into audio that you can listen to, even while on the go. You can customize the voice to meet your needs, making it sound as lifelike as possible. You control the pitch, tone, volume, and more.
You can also speed up the reading speed to get through your emails more quickly. That way, you can reduce the time you spend reading and multitask as you drive from place to place. Use Speechify to help you get the most out of Hotmail while on the go. It is a great HTML program for Hotmail users.