Learn how to hear any page on any website read out loud to you with Speechify on iOS, Android, Chrome, or Safari
Speechify lets you listen to almost any webpage on the internet.
Here’s how to get started:
iOS mobile app
- Copy the URL of the page you’d like to hear
- In the Speechify app, tap ‘+Add’
- Select Paste Website Link, then Go to add the page to the top of your library
- Tap the file in your library file list to open it. Speechify automatically starts reading from the top of the page. Tap on any word to start reading from that spot.
- You can also use the ‘share’ extension to directly import the web page into the Speechify iOS app and start listening.
Download the Safari Extension on your iPhone to start listening to the webpage directly from the Safari browser. Learn more here.
Android mobile app
- Copy the URL of a page you’d like to hear
- In the app, tap +
- Select Web Link
- Paste the link
- Tap Done and wait for the page to process
- Optional: remove any unwanted text in the text preview screen
- Tap DONE to save to your library
- Tap the new file at the top of your library documents to open it and Speechify starts reading from the top of the page automatically. Tap on any word to start reading from that spot.
Google Chrome browser extension for your PC/desktop/laptop
- Open Google Chrome on your PC/desktop/laptop and navigate to the page you’d like to hear.
- Click the Speechify extension to the right of the URL bar to open the floating player. To install the Chrome extension, click here.
- Click the blue play button to start listening from the top of the page.