If you are looking for a program that can read aloud to you, learn more about Speechify below.
Read text aloud with Speechify
If you’re looking for a way to save time, consider converting text files into audio files. Speechify can handle a wide range of text file types, transform them into audio, and read aloud text to you in a natural-sounding voice. Some of the most common text file examples include PDF files, ePub files, and even Microsoft Word docs. Convert your audio files to different audio file formats, including MP3 and WAV files. Learn more about Speechify below, and try it out for yourself!
How can you use Speechify?
There are plenty of ways you can use Speechify. A few examples include:
- You can multitask while using Speechify. For example, you can convert a web page, a social media post, or even a long document into an audio file. Then, you can listen to the document as you work in the kitchen or do laundry. Instantly turn any text into a high-quality listening experience.
- Speechify can help people with various disabilities, including those with dyslexia. People with visual disabilities or learning disabilities might struggle to read an article—but with Speechify, they can listen to text and documents instead.
- You can also save time with Speechify by increasing your reading speed. You can get through books and important files faster than regular reading.
These are just a few of the many ways you can use Speechify to help you!
Why should you use our text-to-speech reader?
There are plenty of TTS readers available, but Speechify is the best one. Some of the top reasons to use Speechify include:
- It is compatible with many devices and operating systems. A few examples include iOS, Android, Microsoft Windows, and macOS. There is also a Google Chrome extension available for Speechify, and you can even use Speechify for Google Docs.
- Speechify is very easy to use. The program is straightforward, the user interface is a breeze, and many tutorials are available if you need them.
- Speechify provides audio voices in HD quality. You can listen to lifelike, natural-sounding voices that can improve your listening experience—and in many languages, as well.
You can use the context menu to explore more about Speechify. For these reasons, put Speechify to work for you as a text-to-speech program.
What features does Speechify offer?
Speechify provides tons of amazing features. They include:
- You can customize the voice to meet your needs. You control the tone, pitch, volume, and more. You can listen to human voices if you want. Or, you can choose to listen to a robot that sounds like a computer instead.
- If you want to save your eyes, you can put the program in dark mode. That way, the piercing, bright, white screen isn’t so hard on the eyes.
- Speechify offers productivity tools for learners. For example, you might want to highlight the text as it reads along.
- As a screen reader, Speechify can also go through written text very fast. Using the toolbar, you can increase the reading speed to 9x the normal speed. This helps you get through books and documents quicker than usual.
- The OCR with Speechify is exceptional, and it is far better than any open-source project. Speechify is one of the most accurate text-to-speech programs on the market.
- With the premium version, you can instantly translate text into dozens of languages and hear the audio in a realistic-sounding voice. This is great for anyone learning a new language.
There is a free version of Speechify available, which you can use for as long as you’d like. Then, there is also a premium version. With the premium version, you get access to different voices, including premium voices, and instant translation options—among many more customizable features.
What is text-to-speech? Why should you use it?
If you take a look at the Chrome web store, you can find many text-to-speech programs out there. A text-to-speech program takes text on the screen and converts it into an audio file you can listen to.
The best one is Speechify, and some of the reasons to use it include:
- With the read aloud icon, you can focus on only the selected text. This means you can shorten the time it takes to finish documents.
- You can multitask by listening to documents and working around the house or focusing on other tasks at the same time.
- This is an exceptional program for people with learning disabilities. Many people have trouble reading, either for eyesight reasons or learning reasons. Speechify can read the text out loud, making it easier for them to follow along.
These are just a few of the top reasons to use a text-to-speech program. If you want to use the best program, use Speechify. The list of features is exceptional, and the program is easy to learn.
Some of the most common questions people ask about text-to-speech programs include:
How do I make texts read aloud?
Use Speechify to help you! Simply paste the text into the box and let the program go to work for you!
How do I use free text-to-speech?
Speechify has a completely free version that will let you get your feet wet. Then, you can also use a free trial of the premium version that comes with even more features!
Is Google text-to-speech free?
The Google text-to-speech program’s pricing is based on the number of characters you use. You get a few free characters per month—but if you go over, you are automatically charged. For this reason, use Speechify instead. The pricing is more transparent, and there is a completely free version.
What is the best free text-to-speech?
You might have heard about Amazon Polly and NaturalReader, but Speechify is by far the best program. You have more voices and productivity tools from a more cost-effective program.
Pick Your Speechify Tribe
I have been flailing due to an eye injury on top of Lyme disease on top of long-covid and a herniated disc with neuropathy. Sitting hurts and propping a book while lying down is stressful. Anxiety over not keeping up, ADD with medication fluctuation and nystagmus of one eye, stigmatism with the other eye both before the retina injured has caused duress as an exam approaches in 35 days. I just need to get through these 500 pages and at least try the assignments. I believe this app will be the key.. thank you ever so much! It’s never too late to find a key and unlock the door to a new world!
“I have ADHD and I love to read but have piles of book that I have never touched. I downloaded this app and it has helped me read more and obtain information better for school! Love this app , I recommend it to everyone!” - JENEMARIE
“Love this app, I have eye problems and this app helps me read headache free. Plus it’s great for traders to listen to news and multitasks.” - JJJJJJMMMMMMM”
“I like Reading books but I don’t like to read at the same time this is so nice and very much correct. Totally recommend!” - Amazing use this now!!! - HALL LACKS SI USA
“I am a student who had dyslexia so is very very very helpful for me. A reading assignment that would normally take me 30+ minutes took 10! I will be using this very often.” - CHAMA NORLAND
“I’m an audible learner. Speechify helps me to comprehend readings better than I am capable of reading the text silently.” - CANDI CL
“This is probably top 5 of greatest apps ever, you can literally read alone an entire book in a day. Easily worth the cost of the app.” - TJV 34
“Excellent for comprehending medical textbooks more quickly and thoroughly!! This is awesome for keeping up with latest surgical techniques and technology. Dr. K” - IMPLANTOPERATOR
“Speechify saves my 70 year old eyes. I close them. I listen.” - WRANGLERSUPREME
“I was dreading reading this long story but Speechify got it done now I can go ahead and take my college quiz.” - SUNCOP
“I teach visually impaired students AND students with dyslexia. This app is a huge help to all of them. Thank you for helping those who need it most!!” - ETTETWO
“I use this app to proofread before I publish chapters of my books and it works so good! 10/10 recommended.” - LOUIELEIUOL