Errors in the chapter contents can now be pointed out much more easily thanks to this extension.
Instead of having to copy the text, scroll down, add it to your comment, then format it to show which portions need to be altered, you may now collect your edit suggestions while reading thanks to this plugin.
Application of the extension:
1. When viewing a chapter page on RoyalRoadL, choose a section of text for which you would like to make edit suggestions.
2. When you release the mouse button after selecting the text, a little icon will appear near your cursor. Click on that icon.
3. A popup window displays, letting you make the suggested changes to the original text. By clicking the “Add to comment” button, you can see the paragraph that will be included in your comment in the “Changes” area.
4. To just exit the window, click the “Cancel” button or to add the result to your comment, click the “Add to comment” button.
Additionally, the extension’s settings page allows users to enable or disable a few quality-of-life adjustments to the website.
Future enhancements I’ve got in mind include:
– changing the default “Edit suggestions:” wording that is automatically inserted at the beginning of the remark.
– switching the extension on or off by just clicking the extension icon (helpful if you don’t like the tiny icon appearing anytime you choose something in the chapter text).
– Including a feature that allows authors to quickly and easily adapt all suggestions offered by this extension to the original text by automatically gathering them all. (Since this will require more work, I’m not confident that I can streamline it to the extent that I would like. Will see.)
Don’t be afraid to offer any suggestions you may have!