Comparing Speechify vs BeyondWords
If you are looking for the best text-to-speech app for iOS, Android, audiobooks, and more, two of the most popular options are Speechify and BeyondWords. However, the right program for one person is not necessarily the right program for someone else. If you are looking for seamless audio files created from text-based content, take a look at a few key points below! Then, consider trying out these programs to see what works best for your needs.
What are the differences between Speechify and BeyondWords?
Both BeyondWords and Speechify are great programs if you are looking for something to read aloud to you, but there are a few notable differences. These differences include:
- Speechify is able to handle more languages, with dozens of languages supported, while BeyondWords can have encounter issues with some languages.
- BeyondWords can struggle with certain audio file types, such as MP3 files, while Speechify is relatively seamless with most options.
- The text scrolling with BeyondWords can encounter some issues from time to time, while Speechify is very smooth.
- Speechify has a wide variety of productivity features, some of which BeyondWords does not have.
Both programs have solid voices and are relatively easy to learn. As a result, they can be great for people looking to take text and turn it into speech.
Speechify is one of the best text-to-speech options available. It’s compatible with multiple platforms, including Google Chrome, Apple, Mac, iOS, iPhone, Android, and numerous others. It can take written text and speak it to you in a fluid, smooth, natural-sounding voice.
There are many customizable voices, and you can control a number of features to make your listening experience as smooth as possible. The premium version also provides with you instant translation into different languages, which is great for people looking to learn a new language including English.
Speechify is also a great program for people with disabilities, such as dyslexia, and those with visual limitations. Instead of having to worry about reading a book from cover to cover, Speechify can speak it to you, helping you save time and stress.
Another TTS program with a strong API and great AI voices available on the app store is BeyondWords. This is an artificial intelligence and audio publishing platform that can take text and convert it into speech. It can be used for personal and commercial purposes. With BeyondWords, it is possible to use a WordPress extension, use on an iPad, and dictate text with natural sounding voices. You can even create podcasts that you can publish in a variety of places, including Spotify, Apple Podcasts, and Google Podcasts.
This tool also comes with analytics that you can use to optimize your audio, which can make a major difference in your ability to reach your audience.
There is a free version available, and the functionality is smooth. As a result, it is important to dig into the details and see if the program is right for your needs.
If you are looking for a program that will give you smooth speech synthesis, it is important to take a closer look at Speechify’s text-to-speech software. Some of the most important points to keep in mind regarding the AI technology from Speechify include:
- There is a convenient Chrome extension, along with numerous other apps, that are compatible with just about every major operating system. Examples include Microsoft Windows, Android, iOS, Safari, and others. Regardless of the platform you are using, you can access Speechify to take advantage of HD voices.
- There are many tools you can use to control the custom voice you hear. You can change the pitch, volume, reading speed, and more. You can also make the voice sound as natural (or as robotic) as you want, which can make a major difference in your listening experience.You can use this tool to improve your productivity. It can handle speeds up to 9x the normal speaking voice, while still retaining a high quality sound. This can make you infinitely more productive, shortening the amount of time it takes to listen to a story.
- With Speechify, you can multitask. You can listen to a story or file while cleaning the house, cooking dinner, or driving down the road. You can even create a playlist of all the content you want to listen to so it can auto-play while you multitask.
- There is a free plan and a premium plan available. With the premium plan, you get access to hundreds of voices and dozens of languages. You can also give the premium version a try with a three-day free trial.
If you are looking for a program right now that can read PDF files, eBooks, websites, and more, then you should take advantage of the Speechify app!
Speechify is the brain-child of Cliff Weitzman, who wanted a program that could improve accessibility and help people with reading or learning disabilities, like dyslexia, just like him.
Some of the most relevant details you might want to consider about BeyondWords include:
- There are more than 700 voices available with more than 60 languages.
- You have a few options to create a custom voice.
- You have options to distribute player embeds in numerous formats.
- You can publish your podcast and recording, sharing it with other people.
- You can measure audio engagement with a handful of analytics tools.
- You can use this information to optimize the connections you make with your audience.
- There is a free version available. There are also a few paid tiers you can use to boost your performance.
Because of the features you have available, BeyondWords has become a popular option for TTS, as well.
Before you decide which program you want to use, it is a good idea to take a look at a few videos to see what the program is like in action. When you look at Speechify videos, it is clear that the program is very easy to use. Nobody is struggling to figure out the program, the voices are very clear, and it is easy to customize the voice to meet your needs. The productivity features are another major bonus that most other programs simply cannot compare with. For all of these reasons, Speechify is the top text-to-speech option on the market today.
If you take a look at the BeyondWords videos, it is obvious that this program is easy to use, as well. However, the intent is a bit different. Even though BeyondWords has a clear voice, the program is more meant to create audio files to share with other people. It might not be the best option if you are simply looking for something to read a story or long document to you. That being said, BeyondWords is still a strong, versatile option.
Conclusion – Speechify is the winner
Speechify comes with even more features! You can easily adjust the reading speed, which is helpful for productivity and comprehension. Furthermore, Speechify makes it easy for you to stay productive with text highlighting features and the ability to precisely place the cursor on the screen.
You can skip charts, graphs, and other elements that you might not want to include in the dictation.
Frequently asked questions
Some of the most common questions people ask about TTS with BeyondWords and Speechify include:
Is Speechify worth the money?
Yes, this is an app that is definitely worth the money. There is a free version available, and you can try out the premium version for three days before deciding if you want to pay for the premium option. This is an exceptional program, so it is definitely worth the money.
Is there any free apps like Speechify?
There are a few free apps available. You might have heard of ReadSpeaker, Voice Dream, and Natural Reader. However, Speechify is the best option available because the features of the other programs do not compare to those of Speechify. The browser extension for Speechify makes it even easier to use.
How much is Speechify per month?
There is a free version available, and the per month price goes up to $7.99 per month. There is also an annual pricing option.
Is Speechify secure?
Yes, Speechify is very secure. All of the information is stored on secure servers located throughout the United States. All of the patent information is encrypted using SSL technology. This means that it is nearly impossible for someone to steal information sent to Speechify. All payment information is stored on secure servers with the latest cybersecurity technology.
What are the benefits of Speechify?
There are a lot of major benefits of Speechify. This is a program that is compatible with a wide variety of file types. It is great for people with disabilities. The program is very easy to use, comes with dozens of languages, and has countless customizable voices available as well.