Hear text aloud with Speechify and take your productivity and workflow to a new level through this powerful text to speech app.
Productivity and workflow are of utmost importance, both in business and academia. If you’re looking to save time on tedious tasks and find a way to multitask your way to success, Speechify has got your back!
No matter whether you’re a busy entrepreneur, a student prepping for the SAT, or a content creator, Speechify will work like a charm. It is a powerful and versatile text to speech (TTS) solution compatible with text files of any format (PDF, epub, .doc, etc.) and virtually all popular platforms (Microsoft Windows, iOS, PC, Mac, Android, and iPhone devices).
How does it work, and how can you hear text aloud with Speechify? We have all the answers below.
How to hear text aloud with Speechify
What makes Speechify so great is its flexibility. Initially designed as a reading tool for people with visual impairments, learning disabilities, or reading difficulties such as dyslexia, the app has since become a versatile tool with a plethora of uses.
Check out some of the to benefits of Speechify:
- Speechify’s first and foremost aims at accessibility improvements and helping those in a pinch with the written word. In short, with Speechify, any text can be read aloud. It can convert your favorite webpage into a podcast, read aloud your emails, narrate your notifications while you’re busy doing more important work, and more.
- If you have dyslexia or poor vision, Speechify will transform the way you read. It functions as a screen reader and can even read scanned images and describe pictures for you.
- You can even use Speechify as a speed reading or language learning tool. Thanks to its fantastic foreign language support and many customizable settings, Speechify can help you get additional audio input whenever you need to practice listening and speaking.
Tips on how to choose the best text to speech application
The TTS market is vast, and there are so many options out there that it can be easy for new users to feel lost. Not to mention that most of them come as apps, cloud solutions, and Chrome and Safari browser extensions, making decision-making much harder.
Fortunately, we have a few tips for you that will make your choice easier and ensure you don’t regret your decision.
Choose a natural or computer-generated voice
First off, you need to look for high-quality, natural-sounding voices. If you’re searching for a way to enjoy that novel you’re itching to read or make some foreign language gains, there really is no point in settling for something of subpar quality. Sure, robotic voices work for short excerpts of selected text, but for more lengthy texts, high-quality solutions are the way to go.
Speechify features a plethora of fantastic, natural-sounding, premium voices in multiple languages, as well as many customizable settings, so you’ll have an easy time tuning your audio files according to your liking with just a few keyboard shortcuts.
Adjust speed, pitch, and volume
As far as those adjustable settings go, you’ll have to figure out what you’re looking for in a TTS program. If you want a sophisticated voice generator or a language-learning tool, it is better to look for a solution that lets you play with as many parameters as possible, for example, Amazon Polly or Speechify.
Speechify has many accessibility features, even in the widget form, so you’ll have nothing to worry about in regard to tone, pitch, reading speed, and accent options. Simply upload your EPUB, DOC, or PDF files, and let the authentic text to speech voices do their magic.
Export audio files for use offline or on other devices
Further, a great TTS app must be reliable. What we mean is that you sometimes need apps to function whenever you need them, no matter what. What if the internet goes out? What if you have to leave our house and cannot take all our electronic devices with you? Are you supposed to just lose all of your progress? Not with Speechify.
Reliable TTS apps like Speechify have an offline mode, and they work on both desktop and mobile devices. If you want to make the most out of your TTS tool, make sure it’s got great API features and sync options so that you can edit text and have it read out loud, even on the go or without a Wi-Fi connection.
Store transcripts of your recordings for future reference
Tying in with sync and offline options, there are also transcription and storage features. This is a no-brainer if you are working with important material or need to make sure your projects remain available for tweaking whenever you need them. Look for a TTS app that lets you store all your files for future reference.
This will help you:
- Keep track of your professional tasks.
- Stay up-to-date with your schoolwork.
- Make sure you have a clear overview of your content and creative projects as they grow and develop.
- Keep track of your reading progress if you’re using TTS to enjoy literature or study.
Improve how you hear text using Speechify
So, you’re sold on TTS, Now, you may be wondering how Speechify can help you take it all a step further. The answer is easy—by providing you with tons of customizable options that will help you tailor your audio output to suit your needs and tastes. Those options include:
- Regional accent and language variant options—Want to listen to someone from the United Kingdom specifically? Someone from India? No problem. Speechify has many regional language options, and they all sound unique and authentic.
- Dark mode—No app is complete without a dark mode, so your eyes will love Speechify.
- Amazing OCR technology and state-of-the-art deep learning—Need to scan photos and scanned images for text? Speechify’s optical character recognition is unmatched, and it will turn images of any format into WAV or MP3 files.
- It’s free—Unlike some other TTS tools, Speechify comes in both free and premium versions. If you are curious about the quality of the app, you can always give it a try before deciding whether the premium version is worth it for your needs.
Check out Speechify today for your Android, iOS, Windows, or Mac devices.