Speechify vs TTS MP3. Which is better?
If you are looking for a program that can convert text to speech, then you have probably heard Speechify and TTS MP3. Speechify is a comprehensive program that can convert just about any text file into different types of audio files. Another text-to-speech app is TTS MP3. It is a program that is available online, and it can handle a wide variety of languages.
These are two of the most popular programs on the market, but how do you choose the best one to meet your needs? There are a few key points to keep in mind.
What is Speechify?
Speechify is arguably the best text-to-speech program on the market today, and it comes with robust functionality features. It is compatible across devices and operating systems, including Microsoft Windows, Apple, macOS, iPhone iOS, Android—and even a Google Chrome extension is available. Speechify can convert text to speech from a wide variety of file types, including Microsoft Word Documents, Google docs, PDF files, ePub files, web pages, HTML files, and more.
Another major benefit of Speechify is that it can handle many different languages. With natural-sounding voices that can process English, Spanish, French, and dozens of other languages, it is easy to see why this voice-over tool has become so popular. It can also convert your audio into different file formats, including MP3 and WAV files. Speechify’s voice aloud reader comes with many customization options, as well.
There is a free version and a premium version available for Speechify. It is particularly popular among people who have disabilities, including dyslexia.
Reasons to buy
If you are looking for text-to-speech software that can handle different types of text files (including ePub), Speechify is a strong option. Some of the top reasons to buy this program include:
- The voices are all customizable. You can change the pitch, tone, and volume. You can make just about anything sound like some of your favorite podcasts.
- With Speechify, you also get access to a very large library of audiobooks. This allows you to expand your reading horizon.
- With the premium version, you get access to instant translation features. You can quickly convert text from one language to another, helping you learn a new language. They can handle Spanish, Portuguese, and dozens of other languages.
- The AI voices are HD, human-like, and lifelike. You will feel like you are listening to another human, not a robot.
- The API is exceptional, making this one of the best text-to-speech apps on the market. You can increase the reading speed to get through your books more quickly.
- You can highlight the text as it goes across the screen in front of you. This is particularly helpful for people with disabilities, including dyslexia.
The high-quality speech synthesis from Speechify is unparalleled. These are the biggest reasons to purchase Speechify.
Reasons to avoid
There are no reasons to avoid this speech tool. If you don’t want to have access to a lot of features through your TTS reader, then you might not want to go with this program; however, if you want to have access to everything, then you should go with this voice generator.
What is TTS MP3?
If you are looking for a free text-to-speech converter that can handle HTML, you have probably heard about TTS MP3. This program is very straightforward. All you need to do is navigate to the website to review the features, as it is available online. Then, you can paste the text you want to hear into the box. You can select the language, and the program will play it to you.
With TTS MP3, you are in control of a variety of features. If you want to add a break after certain sentences, you can ask the program to do so. You can also tweet the speed if you want the program to read faster.
You can also emphasize certain words, making the speech sound more natural. You also have the option to tweak the pitch if there is a specific town you are looking for.
With this program, you can create different conversations that go back and forth. There are different Amazon SSML tags that will work well with TTS MP3, placing you in control of the specific features. These are a few of the top reasons why this program has become popular among people looking to convert text to speech.
Reasons to buy
- It is completely free. You don’t have to pay anything.
- The tutorials are very easy to understand. The instructions are written below the box.
- They can handle approximately 50 different languages, making it great for e-learning.
- It works well on a variety of platforms.
- You can cut and paste information from your Google Drive and ask the program to read it to you.
These are a few reasons why you might want to give the TTS MP3 program a try.
Reasons to avoid
Some of the reasons why you might want to avoid this program include:
- It doesn’t sound like a human voice is talking to you through this program. It sounds very computer-generated.
- If you are on a smaller device, such as an iPad or an iPhone, you will have difficulties.
- The OCR is not great. There are some mistakes that the program will make from time to time.
- The speech feature options are a bit limited.
- It cannot handle every type of TXT file flawlessly.
Regardless of whether you are looking for a program for commercial use or personal use, you may want to go with a different option if you want to use the best program.
Conclusion – Speechify is the winner
If you want to use text and convert it into audio, you need to choose the best program for your needs. Without a doubt, the better program is Speechify. While you will need to spend some money if you want to access the premium features, even Speechify’s free version has far better voices and more productivity tools when compared to TTS MP3. It is a powerful tool for e-learning, it is an unparalleled voice generator, and it gives you access to a wide variety of high-quality features that simply make it better than the other options on the market.
Frequently asked questions
Some of the most common questions people ask about the differences between these two programs include:
Are there cheaper alternatives to Speechify?
There are some alternatives to consider, including Natural Reader, Text Aloud, Voice Dream Reader, Read Aloud, Amazon Polly, and Balabolka—but there is also a free version of Speechify. Therefore, Speechify is still the best option.
Is there a free version of Speechify?
Yes, there is a free version that gives you access to a wide variety of features. There is also a free trial of the premium version if you want to learn more about this option and see if it is right for you.
How good is Speechify?
Speechify is the best program on the market if you are looking to convert text into speech. It is easy to use, provides you with a wide variety of features, and can handle dozens of languages.
What is the difference between Speechify and TTS MP3?
The biggest difference between the two programs is that Speechify is universally better. Even though TTS MP3 is totally free, the voices are much better on Speechify. Speechify can also handle different types of files and gives you access to more languages. For all of these reasons, Speechify is better than TTS MP3.