Behind your favorite books there’s a dedicated workforce. Learn how many employees Audible has now.
How many employees does Audible have?
Audible is one of the leading audio storytelling platforms that allows users to access audiobooks, podcasts, audio-guided workouts and meditations, among other audio content, such as Audible Originals. Although the platform has become quite large in its market share, influence, and user base, the company’s employee size may surprise you. Here’s what we discovered.
Audible was founded in 1995 by Don Katz and acquired by Amazon in 2008. Since then, Audible.com has become one of the most popular audio storytelling platforms, with a wide range of audiobooks and other audio content. The platform is available in more than 200 countries and territories, allowing Audible listeners worldwide to access the power of the spoken word. Today, Audible is headquartered in Newark, New Jersey, with eight other offices in:
- Los Angeles, CA
- Cambridge, MA
- Mexico City
- Sydney, AU
How many employees does Audible have?
While it’s not publicly known exactly how many Audible employees there are, it’s estimated the company has between 1,500-24,000 employees, with the most popular guesses being between 1,500-2,500. Although we don’t know precisely how many employees Audible has, we do know that these employees work at one of their nine offices worldwide in a wide range of fields.
Jobs at Audible
As we mentioned, there are many Audible employees who work in various sections of the company, so let’s explore the departments Audible offers and some of the job titles in each:
- Customer care — Customer care representatives
- Technology — Tech intern, program manager, support engineer, support engineering manager, software development engineer
- Content & Audible studios — Business affairs director, senior product manager, publisher relations manager, content acquisition manager
- Brand and marketing — Creative campaign manager, social media associate director, customer engagement director, CRO manager, performance growth manager, online marketing specialist
- Product & customer experience — Head of product design, senior technical product manager
- People & operations — Public relations manager, executive assistant, contract manager
- Finance & Insight — Accountant, director of strategy & corporate development, financial planning & analysis associate director, senior economist
What it is like working at Audible
Audible’s people principles are at the core of everything they do as a company. These principles provide a guide for how they interact with each other as colleagues and how they serve their customers. From fostering collaboration among teams to striving for excellence in their work, Audible’s people principles are centered around creating a positive and inclusive environment for its employees.
Audible’s interview process
If that sounds good to you, you may be wondering what the Audible interview process is like, and luckily, how Audible hires is pretty straightforward.
- Apply online — First, apply online for the position of your choosing.
- Assessment — If they’re interested in you, they may reach out to have you provide supporting materials such as writing samples or portfolios, or they may require you to take an assessment such as a coding challenge or other test.
- Phone interview — If you pass their tests, you’ll have a phone interview with the hiring manager.
- Final interview panel — If you make it to step four, you’ll have a group interview with teammates, managers, or other people you’ll be working with closely to see if you’re a good fit.
Benefits of working at Audible
Working at Audible comes with numerous benefits that are hard to overlook. For starters, the company offers an array of attractive perks to its full-time employees, ranging from health insurance to retirement plans. Moreover, employees get to enjoy remote work for up to four weeks per year, saving on commuting costs and precious time. If you’re looking to further your education, Audible has employees covered if they wish to further their education as well with its tuition reimbursement program, which allows you to pursue higher education courses relevant to your career. The company also recognizes the importance of work-life balance, creating a conducive environment to help you achieve this easily, and has a work environment that fosters creativity, collaboration, and innovation.
Speechify Audiobooks features a library of over 70,000+ titles across various genres, making it the perfect choice for people of all ages who love listening to their books. Whether you’re looking for a romance read, mysterious crime detective story, scary horror novel, light-hearted children’s book, sci-fi thriller, New York Times best-seller, or new release, Speechify has something for everyone with thousands of great books. Try Speechify Audiobooks today and get instant access to thousands of public domain audiobooks and your first premium audiobook for free when you sign up.
What is Audible yearly revenue?
It’s estimated Audible’s yearly revenue is $200 million.
Who is Audible owned by?
Audible is an Amazon subsidiary.
Where is Audible headquartered?
Newark, New Jersey.
What is Audible’s address?
Audible’s address is Audible, Inc. Washington Park, 16th floor, Newark, NJ 07102.
What is Audible’s website?