The Best Audiobooks Deserve the Best Experience.
Experience the magic of stories and bring your favorite books to life with high-quality narration. Our audiobook catalog has something for everyone, from bestsellers to hidden gems. All on the Speechify mobile app.Try for $0.00
Most Popular Audiobooks
Mystery, Thriller & Suspense Books
Money & Finance Books
Science Fiction & Fantasy Books
Personal Development & Self-Improvement Books
Biographies & Memoirs Books
Literature & Fiction Books
Health & Wellness Books
Politics & Social Sciences Books
Startups, Business & Careers Books
Frequently asked questions
Listening to audiobooks not only easy, it is also very convenient. You can listen to audiobooks on almost every device. From your laptop to your smart phone or even a smart speaker like Apple HomePod or even Alexa. Here’s how you can get started listening to audiobooks.
- 1. Download your favorite audiobook app such as Speechify.
- 2. Sign up for an account.
- 3. Browse the library for the best audiobooks and select the first one for free
- 4. Download the audiobook file to your device
- 5. Open the Speechify audiobook app and select the audiobook you want to listen to.
- 6. Adjust the playback speed and other settings to your preference.
- 7. Press play and enjoy!
While you can listen to the bestsellers on almost any device, and preferences may vary, generally smart phones are offer the most convenience factor. You could be working out, grocery shopping, or even watching your dog in the dog park on a Saturday morning.
However, most audiobook apps work across multiple devices so you can pick up that riveting new Stephen King book you started at the dog park, back on your laptop when you get back home.
Speechify is one of the best apps for audiobooks. The pricing structure is the most competitive in the market and the app is easy to use. It features the best sellers and award winning authors. Listen to your favorite books or discover new ones and listen to real voice actors read to you. Getting started is easy, the first book is free.
Research showcasing the brain health benefits of reading on a regular basis is wide-ranging and undeniable. However, research comparing the benefits of reading vs listening is much more sparse. According to professor of psychology and author Dr. Kristen Willeumier, though, there is good reason to believe that the reading experience provided by audiobooks offers many of the same brain benefits as reading a physical book.
Audiobooks are recordings of books that are read aloud by a professional voice actor. The recordings are typically available for purchase and download in digital formats such as MP3, WMA, or AAC. They can also be streamed from online services like Speechify, Audible, AppleBooks, or Spotify.
You simply download the app onto your smart phone, create your account, and in Speechify, you can choose your first book, from our vast library of best-sellers and classics, to read for free.
Audiobooks, like real books can add up over time. Here’s where you can listen to audiobooks for free. Speechify let’s you read your first best seller for free. Apart from that, we have a vast selection of free audiobooks that you can enjoy. Get the same rich experience no matter if the book was free or not.
It depends. Yes, there are free audiobooks and paid audiobooks. Speechify offers a blend of both!
It varies. The easiest way depends on a few things. The app and service you use, which device, and platform. Speechify is the easiest way to listen to audiobooks. Downloading the app is quick. It is not a large app and does not eat up space on your iPhone or Android device.
Listening to audiobooks on your smart phone, with Speechify, is the easiest way to listen to audiobooks.
- 29 Best Women Sleuths Books
- 29 Best People & Places Books
- Best book quotes
- 29 Best Gay, Fiction Books
- 13 Best Ecology Books
- 26 Best Military & Wars Books
- Best books by Eric Carle
- 10 Best Jewish, Juvenile Fiction Books
- Spotify books on tape
- The Boys comic reviewed
- The top books recommended by DJ Vlad
- 21 Best Social Activists, Juvenile Nonfiction Books
- Best books recommended by Jesse Williams
- 29 Best Cozy Books
- 16 Best General, Computers Books
- 18 Best Family, Juvenile Fiction Books
- 18 Best Channeling & Mediumship, Body, Mind & Spirit Books
- 14 Best Management, Self-Help Books
- 29 Best General, Biography & Autobiography Books
- 29 Best Books Turned Into Movies
- 29 Best Ghost, Fiction Books
- 29 Best Health & Daily Living Books
- 29 Best Classics, Juvenile Fiction Books
- 29 Best Nature Books
- 20 Best Customer Relations, Business & Economics Books
- Best books by Richard Belzer
- 11 Best Inventions Books
- 16 Best Government Books
- 19 Best Essays, Political Science Books
- 13 Best Diplomacy, Political Science Books