The Return of the King Audiobook Summary
The Return of the King is the towering climax to J.R.R. Tolkien’s trilogy that tells the saga of the hobbits of Middle-earth and the great War of the Ring. In this concluding volume, Frodo and Sam make a terrible journey to the heart of the Land of the Shadow in a final reckoning with the power of Sauron.
In addition to narrating the prose passages, Rob Inglis sings the trilogy’s songs and poems a capella, using melodies composed by Inglis and Claudia Howard, the Recorded Books studio director. The 13th CD in this recording contains Tolkien’s preface to the trilogy, including a prior history of the ring, and shire habitat,
history, and folkways.
–Also includes The Annals of the Kings and Rulers, an appendix to the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
Other top audiobooks
The Return of the King Audiobook Narrator
J.R.R. Tolkien is the narrator of The Return of the King audiobook that was written by J.R.R. Tolkien
About the Author(s) of The Return of the King
J.R.R. Tolkien is the author of The Return of the King
The Return of the King Full Details
|Length||18 hours 21 minutes|
|Publisher||Recorded Books, Inc.|
|Release date||September 13, 2012|
The Return of the King Audible
Audible has a vast catalog of audiobooks including The Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien and narrated by J.R.R. Tolkien. Audible is an online audio book service owned by Amazon and offers books, podcasts, and other audio entertainment. It allows users to listen to their favorite books, magazines, and other audio content on their mobile devices or computers.
Why should you get The Return of the King from Speechify?
Speechify offers the best user experience for audiobooks with features like immersive reading, where you can read and listen at the same time, a sleep timer, and unlimited listening to our Classics. You can also access the Speechify Text to Speech Reader, which turns content that you already have into audio – like websites, emails, and your work.
The publisher of the The Return of the King is Recorded Books, Inc.. The imprint is Recorded Books, Inc.. It is supplied by Recorded Books, Inc.. The ISBN-13 is 9781470337612.
This book is only available in the United States.
Most Popular Audiobooks
- 29 Best historical crime books
- 29 Best books for 17 year olds
- 29 Best books for 16 year olds
- 29 Best books for 15 year olds
- 29 Best books for 14 year olds
- 29 Best historical fiction books
- 29 Best books for 13 year olds
- 29 Best books for 12 year olds
- 29 Best books for 29 year olds
- 29 Best books to read in your 20s
- 29 Best Books on high school romance
- 29 Best books for 9 year olds
- 29 Best books for 8 year olds
- 29 Best American Novels
- 29 Best books for 7 year olds
- 29 Best books to read during pregnancy
- 29 Best books to read after fifty shades of grey
- 29 Best indian books to read
- 29 Best books to read in your 40s
- 29 Best books to read in spanish
- 29 Best books for computer science majors
- 29 Best books for actors
- 29 Best books for 6 year olds
- 29 Best books for 1 year olds
- 29 Best books for 21 year olds
- 29 Best books for 20 year olds
- 29 Best books for 5 year olds
- 29 Best books for 4 year olds
- 29 Best books for 3 year olds
- 29 Best books for 2 year olds
Frequently asked questions
Listening to audiobooks not only easy, it is also very convenient. You can listen to audiobooks on almost every device. From your laptop to your smart phone or even a smart speaker like Apple HomePod or even Alexa. Here’s how you can get started listening to audiobooks.
- 1. Download your favorite audiobook app such as Speechify.
- 2. Sign up for an account.
- 3. Browse the library for the best audiobooks and select the first one for free
- 4. Download the audiobook file to your device
- 5. Open the Speechify audiobook app and select the audiobook you want to listen to.
- 6. Adjust the playback speed and other settings to your preference.
- 7. Press play and enjoy!
While you can listen to the bestsellers on almost any device, and preferences may vary, generally smart phones are offer the most convenience factor. You could be working out, grocery shopping, or even watching your dog in the dog park on a Saturday morning.
However, most audiobook apps work across multiple devices so you can pick up that riveting new Stephen King book you started at the dog park, back on your laptop when you get back home.
Speechify is one of the best apps for audiobooks. The pricing structure is the most competitive in the market and the app is easy to use. It features the best sellers and award winning authors. Listen to your favorite books or discover new ones and listen to real voice actors read to you. Getting started is easy, the first book is free.
Research showcasing the brain health benefits of reading on a regular basis is wide-ranging and undeniable. However, research comparing the benefits of reading vs listening is much more sparse. According to professor of psychology and author Dr. Kristen Willeumier, though, there is good reason to believe that the reading experience provided by audiobooks offers many of the same brain benefits as reading a physical book.
Audiobooks are recordings of books that are read aloud by a professional voice actor. The recordings are typically available for purchase and download in digital formats such as MP3, WMA, or AAC. They can also be streamed from online services like Speechify, Audible, AppleBooks, or Spotify.
You simply download the app onto your smart phone, create your account, and in Speechify, you can choose your first book, from our vast library of best-sellers and classics, to read for free.
Audiobooks, like real books can add up over time. Here’s where you can listen to audiobooks for free. Speechify let’s you read your first best seller for free. Apart from that, we have a vast selection of free audiobooks that you can enjoy. Get the same rich experience no matter if the book was free or not.
It depends. Yes, there are free audiobooks and paid audiobooks. Speechify offers a blend of both!
It varies. The easiest way depends on a few things. The app and service you use, which device, and platform. Speechify is the easiest way to listen to audiobooks. Downloading the app is quick. It is not a large app and does not eat up space on your iPhone or Android device.
Listening to audiobooks on your smart phone, with Speechify, is the easiest way to listen to audiobooks.